Recently, we purchased a new sectional for our living room, which was a real pain in the ass. There is so much crap out there to wade through in the furniture stores. I'm truly shocked at the really uncomfortable furniture at almost every store - shocked..... Why make such uncomfortable furniture? I just don't understand. Its not like I ever say to myself (& I can't imagine anyone else does either), "I really wish I had a very stiff couch to sit on right now. I hate being cozy and comfortable." No one does that! Furniture makers - take note- please stop making stiff uncomfortable crap.
With that said, here are my recommendations for some truly comfy sectionals at different price points that may work for you and your space. A few key notes regarding my recommendations: 1. I'm not being reimbursed in any way by the following companies. This is just what I found most suitable comfort-wise when I recently was looking for my own sectional, 2. I have only included items that one can actually go & sit in at their local stores and there are lots more options out there- I didn't have time or money to waste on special order or trade only stores - I really wanted to sit on my new couch before buying it, 3. I've included several price points because I try to get the best for least money when possible & 4. I've only included the sectionals that I actually went & sat on - There are loads of other options out there, but the following sectionals are the ones that I literally went to the store, sat in and liked it - so ethically can vouch for their comfort level. Also note that these are not my images but the images of the actual furniture store themselves, I take no credit for the image whatsoever. Links to the store websites accompany each image.
1. Urban Sectional by West Elm (Price point between $2500- $4000) - If you read my blog, Facebook, Instagram- you'll know that I LOVE West Elm - Its my spirit furniture store and the Urban does not disappoint! I came very, very close to buying this. Very Comfy, Cool Modern yet transitional styling - buy it here at West Elm by following this link: WEST ELM
2. Beckham Sectional by Bassett (Price point Between $3500 - 6000) Very Comfortable, Modular (You Can Change the Layout), Would Go in Almost Any Interior, Very Large Scale (It was too big for our room, which is why we didn't go with this line) You can purchase the Beckham by following this link to Bassett: Beckham by Bassett
3. Sutton Sectional by Bassett (Price point between $3000- 5000) A smaller scale & perfect color choice made this the sectional we actually purchased & I LOVE it!!! Comfort, Transitional styling, and Smaller Scale Make the Sutton a Sectional powerhouse! You can purchase the Sutton by following this link to Bassett: Sutton by Bassett
4. Capri Sectional By Restoration Hardware (Price point between $5000-12000) Wow- That's a price point rocket ship right there, but let's be honest, no one ever brags that they went to Restoration Hardware & saved soooo much money - right?! This is the holy grail of comfortable sectionals, its fully modular, slipcovered, many fabric options, oh-so-comfortable, and has that sleek RH styling. If you're looking to drop some serious cash, buy this. Restoration Hardware has several comfortable sectional options if you've got the funds. To purchase the Capri Sectional follow this link to Restoration Hardware: Capri By Restoration Hardware
5. Essex Sectional By Crate & Barrel (Pricepoint $2000- 4500) Traditional Styling, Optional Fabric Choices & Feather Down Comfort Await You. Follow this link to purchase the Essex: Essex by Crate & Barrel
6. Ektorp Sofa by Ikea (Price point $900 - 1100) Great Styling, Great Price point, Interchangeable slipcovers, Super Comfy - no sectional list is complete without the good ole Ektorp! You really can't beat the price on this fantastic sofa! Follow this link to purchase the Ektorp: Ektorp by Ikea
There you have it! A list of 6 comfortable sectionals at various price points to give a try for your space. I would be interested to hear from the readership on some other sectionals that you have found to be comfortable, as well. It would be cool to share this information with our entire readership community!